Submission Dates & Rules
Submissions will be open April 13-23.
Per our submission guidelines, you must complete both a submission information form AND email your query + 10 pages to AMM to be considered. You may submit to up to four mentors. They may request a partial, full, and/or synopsis in addition to your submission package, so we recommend having all three ready.
Mentor/mentee pairs will be announced between mid-May and early June.
Who AMM is for:
Young Adult AND Middle Grade (new!) authors with complete manuscripts that are ready for mentorship. This means you’ve done at least one revision pass/the book is somewhat polished.
We strongly recommend you submit manuscripts that have not been queried, or have only been queried/pitched lightly. Mentors won’t be able to help as much if a book has been widely queried.
If you are new to Author Mentor Match:
AMM is not a contest, but a straightforward mentorship program. We focus on relationships and editorial/industry guidance. If you are chosen by a mentor, the two of you will guide the parameters of your relationship, as well as timing.
Have more questions? Try our FAQ!
Round 2 Mentors
Our mentor roster for round 2 is still being set, but here are a few things we can tell you:
- We’ll have approximately 30 mentors (up from 23) for round 2
- Most of the mentors are brand new for this round, so if you submitted last time but weren’t chosen, there is a whole new crop of mentors to consider
- We’ve added middle grade as a genre, so there will be a select number of mentors who can mentor MG
- We increased the mentor submission limit to four in order to give mentees a bit more choice/opportunity
- There are twice as many mentors for contemporary/thriller/mystery as we had in round 1, so more opportunities for those manuscripts/authors
- But don’t worry, we still have a solid crop of fantasy/sci-fi/genre mentors!
Round 2 mentors will be announced in mid-March (ie: very soon!).
News & Updates
Once again, Heather Kaczynski and Alexa Donne are moderating/facilitating AMM, with the addition of the incomparable Kat Cho!
To stay up to date on the latest news, follow Heather (@HKaczynski), Alexa (@AlexaDonne), or Kat (@KatCho), and/or check the hashtag #AuthorMentorMatch or #AskAMM. We also welcome questions on these hashtags, or you can directly @tag us.
You can also subscribe to Alexa’s newsletter, as she provides pertinent AMM updates in her monthly eblasts. To connect with other mentee hopefuls, we recommend the mentee-run Facebook group Author Mentor Match Support Group.
And of course, check the website! We’ll post all news/updates here.